Affordable American Insurance Website Privacy Notice
Effective Date 7/18/2019
Affordable American Insurance (“AAI”) takes your privacy seriously, and we are committed to safeguarding, preserving, and respecting the privacy rights of our visitors and supporters. This Privacy Notice (the “Notice”) explains how we collect personal information about you when you visit our website, https://affordableamericaninsurance.com (the “Website”), how we use and share that information, and the rights you have to control our use and sharing of it.
This Notice does not apply to any other website maintained by other companies or organizations to which we link. AAI is not responsible for the content or activities provided on those websites.
You Consent to This Notice
You should read this Notice carefully. We recommend printing and retaining a copy for your future reference. By accessing, browsing, or otherwise using the Website, you confirm that you have read, understood, and agreed with this Notice. If you do not agree to this Notice, you may not use this Website.
This Notice applies regardless of how the Website is accessed and will cover any technologies or devices by which AAI makes the Website available to you.
If you have any questions or concerns about our personal information policies or practices, you can contact us in the methods described in the “How to Contact Us” section below.
What Personal Information We Collect
Information You Provide
We collect the following information that you voluntarily provide to us:
- Completing Forms on Our Website. If you request to receive information or complete any forms on our Website, we may ask you to provide information such as your name, email address, telephone number, physical address, and/or other personal information.
- Email. If you send us an email, we will collect your email address and any information that you provide in the email.
- Financial and Personal Information Provided to Receive Services. If you are a customer, you may need to provide certain financial and personal information to facilitate the provision of our services.
- Social Media. If you interact with our Website by sharing on a social media platform, we may collect information that you post. Please note that your comments will be visible to the public, so you should never share personal information that you would like to keep private.
Information We Collect as You Navigate Our Website
We automatically collect certain information as you use the Website, such as the following:
- Usage Information. We may collect information automatically through your use of the Website, such as which of the pages on the Website you access, the frequency of access, and what you click on while on our Website.
- Device Information. We may collect information about the device you are using, such as hardware model, operating system, application version number, browser, and IP addresses.
- Mobile Device Information. In addition to the Device Information listed above, when you access our Website via a browser on your mobile device, we may collect mobile network information, including telephone number, the unique device identifier assigned to that device, mobile carrier, operating system, and other device attributes.
- Location Information. We may collect information about your actual location which may be determined from GPS and other sensors that may reveal information on or nearby devices, Wi-Fi access points, and cell towers.
Information We Collect From Third Parties
We collect the following information from third parties:
- Quotes for Services. In some instances, when you provide information to us to receive quotes for services, that information is combined with information we collect from third parties in order to provide the requested quotes.
How Do We Use “Cookies” and Other Tracking Technologies?
We may send one or more Cookies to your computer or other device. We also use other similar technologies such as tracking pixels, tags, web beacons, or similar tools when you visit our Website. These technologies can collect data regarding your operating system, browser type, device type, screen resolution, IP address, and other technical information, as well as navigation events and session information as you interact with our Website. This information allows us to understand how you use the Website.
What are Cookies?
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns;
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Website according to your individual needs;
- Contact you to provide you with information or services that you request from us;
- Advertise new content, events, and services that relate to your interests;
- Provide you with more personalized content that is most relevant to your interest areas; and
- Recognize when you return to our Website
We set some Cookies ourselves and others are set by third parties. You can manage your Cookies preference as described in the “Managing Your Cookies” section below.
What Types of Cookies Do We Use and Why?
These are the different types of Cookies that we and our service providers use on the Website:
- Essential Cookies. These Cookies are required for the operation of the Website and enable you to move around the Website and use its features. Disabling these Cookies can negatively impact the Website’s performance.
- Analytics, Performance and Research Cookies. These Cookies allow us to analyze activities on the Website. They can be used to improve the functioning of the Website. For example, these Cookies recognize and count the number of visitors and see how they move around the Website. Analytics Cookies also help us measure the performance of our advertising campaigns to help us improve them and to optimize the Website’s content for those who engage with our advertising.
- Functionality Cookies. These Cookies are used to recognize you when you return to the Website. This enables us to personalize content for you and remember your preferences.
- Social Networking Cookies. These Cookies are used to enable you to share pages and content that you find interesting on our Website through third-party social networking and other websites. These Cookies may also be used for advertising purposes.
How Long Do Cookies Stay on My Device?
Some Cookies operate from the time you visit the Website until the end of that particular browsing session. These Cookies, which are called “session cookies,” expire and are automatically deleted when you close your Internet browser.
Some Cookies will stay on your device between browsing sessions and will not expire or automatically delete when you close your Internet browser. These Cookies are called “persistent cookies” and the length of time they will remain on your device will vary from Cookie to Cookie. Persistent Cookies are used for a number of purposes, such as storing your preferences so that they are available for your next visit and to keep a more accurate account of how often you visit the Website, how your use of the Website may change over time, and the effectiveness of advertising efforts.
Managing Your Cookies
It may be possible to block Cookies by changing your Internet browser settings to refuse all or some Cookies. If you choose to block all Cookies (including essential Cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of the Website.
You can find out more about Cookies and how to manage them by visiting www.AboutCookies.org.
Does the Website Respond to “Do Not Track” Signals?
There is currently no industry agreed-upon response to a Do Not Track Signal. At this time, our Website does not respond differently based on a user’s “do not track” signal.
We use personal information we collect about you or that you provide to us in the following ways:
- To present our Website and its contents in a suitable and effective manner for you and your device;
- To provide services to you that you request from us;
- To contact you to provide you with information that you request from us;
- To provide information that we think may be of interest to you;
- To troubleshoot issues and respond to requests, questions, or comments;
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us; and
- To notify you about any additions, upgrades, or changes with AAI that we believe may be relevant to you.
How We Share the Personal Information We Collect
We may share your personal information:
- With your express authorization for specified purposes;
- With third parties who perform data services (e.g., hosting, maintenance, backup, analysis, etc.) on our behalf, as permitted by law;
- To third-party service providers to prepare, deploy and analyze advertising content or other services;
- To the extent that we are required to do so by law;
- In connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings, as permitted by law;
- To establish, exercise, or defend our legal rights, including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention, as permitted by law;
- To any person who we reasonably believe may apply to a court or other competent authority for disclosure of that personal information where, in our reasonable opinion, such court or authority would be reasonably likely to order disclosure of that personal information, as permitted by law;
- To any third parties as part of any business or asset sale or anticipated business or asset sale; and
- To any other person or entity where you consent to the disclosure.
How Long Is Your Personal Information Kept
We will retain your personal information for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes for which we collect it and as set out in this Notice and for the purpose of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements that apply to us.
The Website contains links to third-party websites. When AAI provides links, it does so only as a convenience and does not endorse any products or services and is not responsible for any content of any third-party website or any links contained within. It is important to note that this Notice only applies to the Website. We are not responsible and assume no responsibility for any personal information collected, stored, or used by any third party as a result of you visiting their website. We also advise that you read the privacy notice of any third-party websites you choose to visit carefully.
The security of your personal information is important to us. We take various reasonable organizational and technical measures to protect your personal information from unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction. We have policies and procedures in place to ensure team members know what is expected of them in relation to personal information. We have in place appropriate procedures for accessing our system and access it limited by role. We have also put processes in place to address suspected breaches of your personal information. If required by law to do so, we will notify you and/or the relevant supervisory authority in the event of a data breach.
However, we cannot and do not guarantee complete security, as it does not exist on the Internet.
The Website is not intended for children under 13 years of age, and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. In the event that we learn that we have collected personal information from a child under age 13 without verification or parental consent, we will immediately delete that information. If you believe that we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us using the information provided in the “How to Contact Us” section below.
How to Contact Us
If you have questions or wish to send us comments about this Online Privacy Statement, please feel free to contact us at 2090 E 104th Avenue, Suite 300, Thornton, Colorado 80233, e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or call us at (303) 451-8100.
How We Will Inform You If We Change This Notice
We may change this Notice from time to time, and we will post those changes on this Website so that you will always know what information we gather, how we might use that information, and to whom we will disclose it.
This Is a U.S. Website
The servers that support this Website may be located in the United States or other countries. Data protection laws vary from country to country; however, we will process your information in accordance with this Notice no matter where your data is stored. By using the Website, you freely and specifically give us your consent to export your personal information to the United States and to store and use it in the United States as specified in this Notice. You understand that data stored in the USA may be subject to lawful requests by the courts or law enforcement authorities in the USA.