How can I reduce my home insurance premium?

Many factors are used to determine your insurance premium. Below are some factors that you can control to help reduce your prices:

  • Choose higher deductible amounts
  • Keep your Home and Auto insurance with the same company
  • Keep your home maintenance up to date
  • Purchase a burglar and fire alarm for your home
  • Replace your smoke alarm batteries every 6 months
  • Purchase a fire extinguisher and keep it updated yearly
  • Make sure all exterior doors have dead-bolt locks
  • Purchase a hail-resistant roof with a 40 or 50 year guarantee
  • Be careful when filing a claim (be sure to consult with your agent if you aren’t sure you want to file a claim)
How can I protect my valuables (Jewelry, Firearms, Collectibles and Artwork)?

Your agent will gladly schedule expensive items on your homeowner’s or renter’s policy. This will provide you with increased protection for valuable or irreplaceable property.

Why would I want coverage on my Condo, isn’t that covered by my HOA?

Most HOA policies do not cover the interior of their units, including wall finishing, light fixtures, appliances, carpeting, and even cabinets and sinks. Without an individual Condo policy, a serious loss could cost you tens of thousands of dollars.

Why would I want “Flood Insurance?” I don’t live by the ocean.

More than 50 percent of flood claims occur in areas considered to have a low flood exposure. Even if your home is not in a flood plain, your home could suffer flood damage and Homeowner’s insurance policies do not cover flood damage. Ask your agent today for a quote.

What happens if my home costs more to rebuild than my homeowner’s insurance provides?

At AAI, the majority of our homeowner’s insurance policies provide guaranteed replacement cost that significantly increases the protection that your policy provides. Please be sure to ask your agent if you have this on your policy.

What is liability insurance?

Liability insurance protects you and your family from claims arising from bodily injury or property damage caused by an accident in which you or your covered family members are considered legally responsible.

What do I do if there is a fire at my house?
  1. If possible, put the fire out with a fire extinguisher or water.
  2. Never use water on an electrical or grease fire.
  3. Get everyone out of the house quickly and safely.
  4. Call the fire department or 911 immediately.
  5. Call the claims number on your policy, or call your agent for assistance.
What do I do if there is a broken pipe at my house?
  1. Turn off the water main to your house to stop further damage.
  2. Contact a disaster restoration company to immediately begin damage mitigation.
  3. Call the claims number on your policy, or call your agent for assistance.
When can I cancel my existing policy?

You can cancel your existing policy when you have received confirmation that a replacement policy has been bound (is in-force).

Can I change my EFT Date?

This varies from company to company. Most insurance companies will allow you to move your EFT date to an earlier date, but will not allow you to extend it to a later date. Be sure to call your company or agent for your particular policy.

What happens at the end of my policy term?

Most insurance policies automatically renew at the end of the year, unless the policy is cancelled in writing prior to their renewal date.

Can you bill my mortgage company for my homeowner’s insurance?

If you have an escrow attached to your mortgage, we will gladly bill them for your homeowner’s insurance.

What date are my monthly insurance payments due?

Most insurance payments are due at one month intervals starting from the exact date that your policy was issued.

Why is the bill different if I choose an electronic withdrawal versus being billed directly?

Most insurance companies offer a discount for choosing the electronic withdrawal method, due to the reduced cost of processing paperwork.

Why is the cost of my homeowner’s insurance coverage different now than it was when I purchased the home?

Homeowner’s insurance policies are designed to rebuild your home in the event of a loss. The cost to rebuild a home and the purchase price of a property are generally much different due to things like specialty construction or the value of land.

Do you offer Identity Theft Protection?

Most of our insurance companies offer ID Theft Protection as part of their homeowner’s or renter’s insurance package. Be sure to ask your agent about it.

Do you pull a credit report when looking for insurance quotes?

For home and renters insurance, insurance companies do not generally pull credit reports while quoting or issuing insurance.

What other benefits do your policies offer?

Many of our companies offer additional benefits to their policies, including but not limited to: Supplemental Death Benefits, ID Theft Protection, and Disappearing Deductibles.

Do you guarantee repairs done to my house after a claim?

Nearly all of our companies provide a guarantee on parts and workmanship on repairs from a covered claim.

Do you recommend any companies to fix my house?

Many insurance companies have partnered with certain contractors for loss mitigation and repair. They have been chosen because they meet or exceed certain quality standards that are important to ensure your satisfaction. Please ask your agent or your adjuster for a recommended facility.

Why would I want a Personal Umbrella Policy?

Unfortunately, these days anyone can be sued. And multimillion dollar judgments have become all too common. Even if a court decides in your favor you may still have to pay legal fees and court costs.

Does it cost more to work with a broker?

In most states, brokers are not allowed to charge any additional fees.