The Difference Between Success and Failure
Being that I help companies insure themselves, I sometimes see that not all businesses make it. So what is the difference between those companies that fail and those that make it and sometimes, make it big?
I took a minute to jot down a few things that help most business owners be successful. In turn, this helps their companies be successful.
Successful business owners are dreamers.
- They often create something out of nothing.
- They can see their business in their mind’s eye before it is a reality.
- They have complete faith and believe in the vision of what the business can become.
They see and seek opportunity.
- Today’s most popular and demanding products and services started out unlikely or as a bizarre thought
- They are willing to think outside the box.
- They see potential where other’s do not.
Execution is key.
- Lots of people have ideas, but taking an idea to market is a completely difference ballgame.
- The ability to execute is what makes a dreamer a doer.
Patience is a virtue.
- Successful entrepreneurs know how to prioritize and achieve things in small steps.
- Engagement is usually incremental.
They don’t go at it alone.
- They ask for help.
- Even smart people need a sounding board.
- They seek out and often hire those with complementing skills.
They are far from perfect.
- In fact, most success stories are laden with many many many failure stories.
- They learn quickly what works and what doesn’t so as to not make those mistakes again.
Failure is part of the success.
- Fear of failure stops many people but a successful entrepreneurs understands the risk of losing it all
- They don’t let risks hold them back from their dreams.
Build teams of successful people.
- The ability to hire well and fire when needed is a crucial skill to a successful team.
- They seek the best talent so they don’t have to do everything.
- Successful business people let go. They don’t try to do everything or be everything to everyone.
- They let others do their job.
Have a great day!
The Davis Insurance Agency (an Affordable American Insurance company) in Wheat Ridge, CO offers auto, car, home, house, fire, workmen’s compensation, antique car, classic car, commercial, business, life, motorcycle, renters, ATV and RV insurance. Call us today for a free quote at (303) 233-1535