Making your way home after the holidays can be nerve-wracking. With hundreds of people traveling home at the same time, you want to make sure that you travel a little differently than you usually would. These traveling tips may help you get home safely and quickly.
If you are flying…
- Leave an extra hour early for your fight. With extra time to spare, you will be able to make your fight even if you experience delays because of crowds.
- Be sure that your baggage is within the limits that the airline has laid out. Many airlines will be more strict during the holiday season because there are so many people flying.
- Get up and stretch your legs on a consistent basis. While you are traveling you risk developing Deep Vein Thrombosis which can lead to blood clots in your veins.
- Bring your hand sanitizer and make sure that you are washing your hands on a consistent basis. When you have crowds of people traveling together it can be easy to catch the flu from a fellow traveler.
If you are driving…
- Have your car tuned up before you leave. Make sure that your oil is changed, there is enough air in your tires and everything is in good working order.
- Make sure that you know your route and that you understand what you will do should a route be changed because of weather.
- Store your winter safety kit in your car to make sure that you have the first aid supplies, car supplies and emergency supplies that you will need should you get stuck or break down.
Travelling home after the holidays doesn’t have to be scary. Prepare yourself well and after you make it home safe you will be glad that you did.