Firework Safety Tips
With your Fourth of July celebrations in your rearview mirror, it is important that you remember how dangerous fireworks can be. There are many Americans that set off fireworks on the fourth of July. If you set off fireworks or if you know that you want to set them off next year, these safety tips are always important to keep in mind…
- Children should never be allowed to play with fireworks. Fireworks can get extremely hot and you should be sure that any child that has access to fireworks is kept supervised throughout the entire time that he or she has access to fireworks.
- Make sure that your fireworks are legal. This may sound like a buzzkill, but there are laws regarding your fireworks for a reason. It is important that you are only buying fireworks that have been approved for use in your area.
- Always have a bucket of water readily available when you are setting fireworks off. Should there be an emergency, it is important that you can put the fire out quickly.
- At the end of the night, soak all of your fireworks in your bucket of water. By doing this, you can be sure that you aren’t going to accidentally catch your trash cans on fire from a hot ember.
- If you have pets, make sure that your pets are kept inside and away from the sound of the fireworks. The sound can be extremely loud and scary for them and it is important that they are kept as safe as possible.
Keep these tips in mind every time you use fireworks and you can avoid a lot of injuries and a lot of potential damage.