Winter is on its way, and before your home is covered in a pearly white blanket of fresh fallen snow, there is still time to prepare. If you start now, you can preserve the beauty of the winter without letting the chill into your home.
There are many things to be accomplished before winter sets in, but here are a few of the basics to protect your home from winter weather.
Keeping out the Chill
The winter winds bring beautiful color to a barren environment, but that is not all they bring. These winter winds can also bring cold winter air into your otherwise comfortable home.
Weatherproofing your home will make the upcoming winter months much more pleasant. Consider:
- By caulking around your windows and doors, you can stop winter air from entering your home.
- You can insulate entrances and exits, pipes, and even your water heater. This insulation will improve the efficiency of your home and warm you up.
Preparing Your Yard
Nothing looks better than untainted white spread across thousands of yards, but if those yards are unprepared, the costs can be too high. To keep your lawn beautiful and protected this year, you may want to try:
- Just before winter is the perfect time to seed your lawn and give it plenty of time to begin growing before the summer heat hits.
- Most people see fertilizing as a springtime activity, but taking care of it before winter comes can really do wonders for your lawn.
- Winter can reek havoc on your yard, mulching can give nutrients the chance to build up despite the harsh weather.
These tips are sure to prepare your home for winter, and to ensure even more protection, contact Affordable American Insurance Today!