Life can be tumultuous, and often times the unexpected will occur—without warning. And, sometimes, that can be pretty scary, but with a little bit of preparation, you can be ready for any event, and live your life without the fear of the unexpected.
One of the best ways to prepare for the unexpected is to put together a 72 hour kit. These kits include a variety of products to ensure that you and your family can live fairly comfortably for three days after an emergency.
Having 72 hour kits can be a saving grace in a time of crisis, and they are fairly easy to compile. Here are a few of the necessities for every 72 hour kit, whether you find yourself in a natural disaster, without employment, or simply preparing for the future.
What You Need
- Start your kits with a backpack for each family member.
- Make sure to pack a gallon of water per person per day. This means that you will need at least three gallons of water per person.
- Each pack should also include non-perishable food that can last for three days. Each of these foods should be easy to carry and full of energy—but also make sure that they are foods you will enjoy eating. Plan carefully so you can easily open any food you pack.
- Also pack medications you may need and spare glasses if you need them.
- It is a good idea to pack a radio so you can have access to information.
- A good first aid kit. It is a good idea to keep one of these kits in each pack so every family member will be taken care of, even if you must split up.
- Keep personal hygiene items at the ready.
- Any extra items that are necessary for your health or the health of your family should be kept in your pack.
- You should also include items that will provide you comfort and happiness in a potentially difficult time.
Your 72 hour kits can be a huge boon for your family, so get started today and rest easy knowing that you are prepared for whatever comes your way.